Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today is the Day

I can still remember our farewell party from Fairview in 2001 and their presentation of a signature-filled copy of Dr. Seuss' Oh the Places You'll Go. This book is often seen at graduation parties, farewells, and other such send-offs before someone's big adventure. It usually inspires a smile or two at the childish pictures and wisdom beyond the years of its readers. At that point, my little eleven year old self could not understand the mountains that were ahead, the adventures that were to be had. Oh the joy and the fun that were lying in a place unknown.





But today... today is a whole new day. That eleven year old girl has grown up and is ready to encounter the world with new eyes. This will be an adventure to add to my story, a place to discover a new part of myself- changing, molding, shaping, teaching- learning.

With the grace of God, I will embrace this adventure with open arms.  I will learn to enjoy the highs and lows, the mountains and the valleys. I will follow his plan and continue to be molded and shaped by his hands and will for me.


Together, oh the places we will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment