Saturday, February 2, 2013

Field Day!

Currently reading: The Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury- I love the Baxters!! 

Hello Friends! I apologize for the hiatus that I have unintentionally taken~ something about adding two classes and trying to stay on top of all the work that comes along with it. But I did want to share briefly with you some of the happenings going on here at Bingham; one of them being one of my favorite weekends of the year: Field Day!!
Some of my students competing!

Every year, the students have a chance to compete against one another in a two-day track and field event. The races range from 100m to 1600m, javelin to shotput, hurdles to three-legged race, students relays to staff relays. It's a great weekend filled with lots of sun, fun, and fellowship as we cheer on our teams. 
The precious kindergartners racing in their sacks! 

The school has three houses (Harry Potter style) competing against one another throughout the year, and this weekend plays into a majority of those points. The houses are named after missionaries: Peter Cameron Scott, William Carey, and Hudson Taylor, which respectively represent the colors of the Ethiopian flag: green, yellow, and red. GO TAYLOR!! 
Side note: I asked to be put on Taylor, since that was the house I was in as a student- and even without that knowledge, the powers that be had already put me there! It's good to wear the red once again. 
DJ-squared bringing you "Gleeful Pop!"

My role throughout the day varied from being a timer stationed at the finish line, participating in a "Sponge the Teacher Booth" for a student-council fundraiser (I learned some of my kids have too much pent up anger in their throwing arms), DJ-ing a "Gleeful Pop" hour with my roomie, Joy, and cheering on my students as they flew past me!
Doing the macarena during a spontaneous dance party before announcing the results. 

Despite the fact that Taylor once again gave up our rightful first place to Scott, I still love Field Day!! It's ok- we'll get them next year. GO TAYLOR!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment