Friday, June 8, 2012

One Step at a Time

Currently listening: Adventures in Odyssey- so many childhood memories wrapped up in these stories.

First, CONGRATULATIONS to all my LD grads (and all the other class of 2012 grads)!! I was so proud to watch you all walk across the stage last night to receive your diplomas. I wish you all the best and God's blessings as you move into this next stage of life!

Second, thank you to my fabulous family for hosting me in VA Beach this last week~ always fun to hang out and do life together- plus I think I even learned a thing or two about pools! It is the first of the goodbyes, but a wonderful time to spend together before this next step.

*deep breath* Attempting to leave the country in three months, with support raised and preparations made, seems like a lofty goal. Some may call it crunch time, some may call it impossible- I call it an opportunity for God to work.
However, as I'm sitting at home and thinking of all the things on my to-do list, it seems a tad overwhelming.
I think back to one of the sessions we had at our first orientation at SIM- the speaker was commenting on this moment (of being overwhelmed) and reminded us of a simple phrase.

One step at a time.

As I think about the visa paperwork, the ever-growing reading list, the money to be raised- I just have to remember, it's one step at a time.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?"        Psalm 27:1-2

All right Lord, let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment