Monday, July 16, 2012

SIMGo!

Currently reading: The Giver  (...still reading middle school lit)

This past weekend was rather full: a trip to (Friday) and from Massachusetts (Saturday) for the beautiful wedding of my friends, Evan and Kathryn, and then driving down to Charlotte, North Carolina (Sunday) for SIMGo... needless to say, I was pretty grateful to get out of the car.

But now I'm here and have hit the road running! As one of my fellow SIMGo-ers described it today at dinner, it's a bit like trying to drink from a fire hydrant with lots of information coming our way. Plus, I get to kick things off with being the first one to give my testimony tomorrow... oh boy. But my roommates were gracious enough to listen to it and give some positive feedback, so hoping it goes well!

Speaking of my roommates, I have been blessed to be rooming with future Bingham teachers! We're all in the middle of a pretty similar journey right now: just graduated college in May, raising our support this summer, and hoping to be at Bingham in the next couple weeks! It's been a great chance to chat with people who are in the same boat and feeling the same stress and excitement!

Future Kindergarten, English, and French teachers at Bingham Academy!!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you guys! Danielle, tell E hi for me! She's a great roommate! :) Praying for you both!!

    oh and keep me updated on what you guys are doing, considering I will be out there in November, would love to know a little of what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful you are sharing the journey together.

    ReplyDelete