Thursday, July 5, 2012

Learning from my Grandparents

Currently: enjoying figuring out all the fun stuff on my new computer!!

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July! I had a wonderful time in South Jersey experiencing good ol' small town USA with a parade in the morning and a family reunion/cookout in the afternoon. There's not too many places that you can experience fire trucks, VBS floats, Boy Scouts, and Elvis all in one place, but the Woodstown parade was definitely up to par.

This delightful toasty day concluded a fabulous couple of days of hanging out in South Jersey with my grandparents! Not only did I get to tell various people about my upcoming ministry in Ethiopia, but I also got to go on a shopping trip with Grandmom, aunts, and cousins, go to a church dinner, meet my grandparents' classmates from high school, and enjoy multiple lovely meals and conversations on the deck under the shady trees. Overall, it was a great time experiencing some of my roots in a way I never have had before.

I have been blessed with the opportunity to hang out with both sets of grandparents within a month and it has been so interesting to not only hear some stories of the past but also to see how their lives impact mine every day. Whether its through the character traits passed on or the prayers with which they cover me, I am blessed to come from a strong Godly heritage and I can only pray that I carry the torch  for future generations.

Thank you to both sets of grandparents for hosting me and teaching me so much about myself, my family, and the God whom we all serve.


Support Update
One-time: 92%
Monthly: 14%

Praise the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment